Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

How am I supposed to do that?

So one of my coworkers has this friend who claims she is a psychic. I'm not sure how much I believe in this stuff, but it is always interesting to hear. She told me once that she doesn't see children in my near future, but to keep trying. Now she's telling me that I should try not to focus on having a child so much. How exactly am I supposed to do that? I can't stop thinking about it, especially since I started going back to the RE after being away for a little over a year. My coworker, who has been through infertility herself, told her friend that is near impossible for a lot of us going through this.

I'm going to try to get into making my own beaded jewelery since one of the women in my support group showed us what she made and it was really pretty. I figure I could do that since I tried knitting, and I just can't do it. Anyone have any ideas? I doubt I will ever be able to take my focus away from having children, but I suppose I can try new hobbies to help with that.

3 Comments:

  • At 5:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    What a load of crud. Do you know how many psychics have told me I'd be popping out kids left and right?? Take it with a grain of salt and just proceed in a way that feels right. And if you happen along some fun hobbies so much the better!

     
  • At 6:09 PM , Blogger Ladybug Ann said...

    I agree with Lori. Take it with a grain of salt. It's good to try to focus on other things but how can we not think about this??? Do you tell a cancer patient not to think about her illness?

     
  • At 3:15 PM , Blogger erinberry said...

    Talk about easier said than done!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home