Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, February 24, 2006

2nd Opinion

This morning, I made an appointment at a different fertility clinic to obtain a 2nd opinion. I doubt I will be told anything different, but it will be comforting to know that another doctor agrees that IVF is the best thing for us to do (not that I'm looking forward to doing an IVF cycle).

I have to wait until March 14 though. Luckily, the person I spoke to at this clinic (so far this clinic sounds great just by talking to the guy who answered the phone) said that they actually do take my insurance (after being told the last time I called that they don't). That's good news so I don't have to worry about finding $175-$350 (depending on whether the doctor will do an ultrasound) to pay for the consult. I only wish it wasn't so far away. I tend to be a little impatient.

3 Comments:

  • At 4:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Good for you for getting a second opinion. It's always a good idea, especially for this stuff where it seems its more art than science (pardon the pun).

     
  • At 7:12 AM , Blogger Ladybug Ann said...

    It is more art than science. It's like cooking with recipes but each doctor has a different recipe and he/she also improvises along the way. Definitely worth it to get a second opinion.

     
  • At 9:57 AM , Blogger x said...

    a second opinion is a good idea. We went from a urologist to a RE so I considered the urologist to be the first opinion, which was wrong (that we could do IUI).
    The impatience is difficult to deal with but it isn't too far off.

    Good news on the insurance!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home