Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, May 21, 2010

Park & Weekend

Despite the day yesterday being crappy, it ended up to be a nice day by the time I got to the daycare to pick up the kids. So they talked me into taking them to a nearby park. They said that they wanted to play on the field. So we went and Ben & Ella ran ahead of Nicholas and I. Nicholas really wanted to go in the opposite direction that Ben & Ella were, so I had to pick him up. He was not too pleased about that. Ben & Ella did stay within eyesight, but I think we need to explain to them some more about what stay near mommy means.

Ella & Benjamin decided that they wanted to go on the swings so we headed over there. There was a guy there with his kids. Ben & Ella got on the swings while Nicholas inspected the beauty bark. I had to keep a good eye on him so he wouldn't eat the beauty bark - he did eventually get a piece in there and I had to dig it out of his mouth. Well, let's just say that his teeth hurt me and he has more than I thought he had.

Anyway, after Ben & Ella were done with the swings, Ella said that she wanted to go on the slides. So they went off to the slides while I was going to push Nicholas in the swing. No go. He hated it - I think I pushed him too hard - and he screamed. I wonder if that guy thinks I'm a horrible mother.

So I take Nicholas over to the slides where Ben & Ella are. Ella & Benjamin really don't like these slides. They are too afraid to go down them by themselves. Ella wanted me to go down with her, but that was a bit impossible since I needed to watch Nicholas and his beauty bark eating ways. Ella was not pleased.

Then a bit later, Benjamin tells me he wants to go look at the water and find some ducks. I said to him that he needs to tell Ella to come down so we can go look at the water. He finds her (eventually), but she wants me to go down the slide with her and will not come down. UGH! After a while of talking to her, she comes down - but from the tube and steps, not from the big slide.

We wander over to the water and Benjamin asks me where the ducks are. There are no ducks. By this time, it has gotten quite windy and cold so I tell him that perhaps they have found a nice warm place to go to like perhaps we should. It was, after all, time for dinner. Those kids will not budge even though they agreed that they would come when I told them to - I know, you're shocked. You mean, almost 3 year olds don't pay attention to their own promises? It took Jon showing up for them to even budge from their spot near the water.

The weather today doesn't look so good, so I don't think we'll be playing outside today, but who knows?

We are thinking of what to do tomorrow for some fun if the weather is icky - we have some ideas so we'll see which one we pick. Other than that, my weekend will involve somehow trying to finish the book club pick (though I've read it before), laundry, cleaning upstairs and the grand finale to the weekend - staying up until 11:30 to watch the series finale of Lost. You East Coasters better stay quiet until us West Coasters have a chance to watch it...

Anyway, that's it for now. I'm trying to write more often so maybe you'll see more of my really interesting posts more often!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 8:56 AM , Blogger Heather said...

    Too funny! I applaud you for even thinking about taking 3 children under 3 to the park by yourself. I would need at least my husband or my SIL to come with me.

     
  • At 2:56 PM , Blogger seattlegal said...

    It took a while for me to get the courage to do so and I still don't completely like going on my own.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home