Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

2007 ends, 2008 begins

Unlike some others, 2007 was a great year for me. I spent the first 5 1/2 months pregnant with my wonderful twins - though the last 5 weeks of that pregnancy were in the hospital, but that's o.k., it made it so my babies stayed put for 5 more weeks than they might have otherwise.

A little after midnight on June 12, 2007, Ella Riley and Benjamin Harris were born (have I mentioned their middle names are my mom and my mother-in-law's maiden names respectively?). On June 15, 2007, we were able to take our babies home. I got to see my kitties again for the first time in a little over 5 weeks. It was also the first time I had been in a car in a little over 5 weeks - it was a bit of a weird experience. The first time I drove felt weird too.

Since then, I have been extremely sleep deprived, but I have two wonderful children. It still catches my breath and makes me take a pause when I refer to Benjamin as my *son* and Ella has my *daughter*. I have a son and a daughter? They are nearly 7 months old and it still amazes me.

I do wish sometimes that I could get the sleep that I need (notice I said need and not want), but it's all worth it. I would do it all over again.

Other than the birth of my children, this year, I celebrated my 9th wedding anniversary with Jon. I turned 34. I met some new people with our childbirth classes. And most of my infertility support group has had children of their own. The first birthday of one of the children was in December. The rest of the children were born in 2007. In my support group, there are 4 sets of twins and 3 singeleton babies. It's been a great year for that group. I look forward to watching all of these children grow!
As for resolutions, I don't really have any other than to try to read as many books as I can this year. I didn't read a lot last year (and you'd think with all that hospital time, I would have read a lot), but I plan to this year. I found when I read my first book after a long while, I missed reading!

As I write this, my sister-in-law is in labor giving birth to her first child. I'm so excited to learn the name of our new nephew! She was being induced on Monday - nothing was happening - so they broke her water today and she's now on her way to having a baby boy! Please send some good thoughts her way as they said the baby's kidneys weren't functioning properly which is why they induced (and the fact she was due on the 30th).

This new addition to our family will make it so Jon and I have 4 nephews and 3 nieces.

Happy New Year to everyone! May 2008 be a wonderful year for everyone!

1 Comments:

  • At 7:17 PM , Blogger GLouise said...

    Happy new year! I love how you selected the babies' middle names. SO cool!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home