Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, July 30, 2007

Going Crazy!!!!

Today has been a really trying day for me. I am so exhausted. It all started with Ben being "my" baby for the night and seeing how he's still a little upset about the circumcision (I'm guessing it still hurts to pee), he's waking every time he pees and every time he's hungry. So needless to say, not much sleep last night. Then Ella and Ben were just crying hard the entire day, it seemed like. Once one would fall asleep, the other would wake up, then the first one that was asleep would wake back up and they both would cry. I think they maybe slept a total of 3 hours today and they are cranky now!!! Well, they were when they left the house. Jon took them for a walk so I could pump and read Harry Potter in peace - only 200 pages to go!!! I've never been this slow with a Harry Potter book before - got 2 good reasons though.

I had some visitors today - two ladies from my support group with their babies and they brought me ice cream and offered to watch my babies along with their own so I could take a nap or whatever (I couldn't sleep despite desperately being tired, so I read Harry Potter). That was so incredibly nice of them - I needed the break after the day I had. I hope tonight and tomorrow will be better. I still have just under 2 months left of being at home with them, so I hope it won't always be like this. My friends tell me it's the worst between 6-8 weeks, so I hope by 8 weeks, it will magically be better. They'll be 7 weeks tomorrow.

Well, that's all for today. On a side note, a fellow blogger has asked for our help with her adoption fund - just purchase some of these cute pants sold on this site and all the proceeds go to help her with her fund!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 5:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Your day sounds so much like some of mine. My twins are 8 weeks and they are not quite out of the woods yet. Some nights are great (2 wakings per baby) other nights, like last night, I was up 5 times with a cranky baby. Being alone with the babies is daunting...I have a nanny but she is off tomorrow. My mother is pinch-hitting for a few hours but that still leaves me with a chunk of time before my girlfriend is home. It is daunting and overwhelming, every day. I look forward to when it gets a lot easier but i don't want to wish tiem away, you know what I mean?

    Wow...you are so far in HP7. I am still in the 100s

     
  • At 6:45 PM , Blogger seattlegal said...

    I know exactly what you mean. I love them being this small and them wanting to snuggle, but I'm also looking forward to when they are a bit older and can hold their own bottle, for example.

    I finished HP7 this afternoon. :-D

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home