Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 02, 2007

7 weeks 2 days

Well, Tuesday went a lot better than Monday... of course, we spent half our day at a friend's house and others were holding the babies. Thanks for letting us come over Kendra!

Wednesday started out the same as Monday, but got a lot better. Today, has been pretty good thankfully! I was able to finish Harry Potter! Right now, both babies are asleep. It took Benjamin a while as he didn't want to sleep even though he kept yawning and slowly closing his eyes then jerking them wide open. Silly baby - don't resist the sleep! Ella has only woken up to eat which isn't quite like her. The babies have switched for the day apparently.

Tomorrow I'm going to another meeting of the twin moms - I'm looking forward to it as there is a lot on my mind - did things really get better after 8 weeks and how do the moms handle the stress of two babies crying at the same time needing someone to hold them? perhaps twin moms who read this can answer - I might have already asked this question but I don't remember. I keep meaning to e-mail some of the twin moms who have responded to my earlier questions but I just haven't yet. I just managed to order the hospital pictures and the babies are nearly 2 months old! My list of things to do is just so long so I should probably go do them but I'm pretty sure the babies are about to wake up to eat pretty soon so there isn't much time to do anything on that list!

Oh, and that reminds me. I was going through the 3-6 month clothes that I have as Benjamin is around 12 pounds now and a lot of the 0-3 month clothes say up to 11 or 12 pounds, so we need to break into the 3-6 month clothes except...I just noticed that some of those clothes say up to 12.5 pounds. UGH! So I should have had him wearing these clothes before now? Makes me sad that some of these cute clothes he may never wear. Sigh. Oh well, maybe my sister-in-law will have her unborn son wear them. I don't think I've mentioned that my sister-in-law is pregnant - she's due in late December. There is a possibility that the baby may have Down's syndrome - they're checking on that later this month.

As for the girl clothes, I'm going to see if my support group buddy wants them. There are some clothes for her that go up to 11.5 pounds though they say they are for 3-6 months. I wish I would have noticed the weight and separated by weight. Of course, not all of the clothing manufacturers list a weight - they really all should.

On a final note - the cutest thing happened yesterday (I think it was yesterday). Oliver came up to Ella and rubbed his head against hers - aww, he likes her!!!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 1:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi Heather - I've been a lurker on your site for some time (found through cyclesista). I have 9 week old b/g twins. Have you checked out www.twinstuff.com yet? They have a great First Year forum where you can find lots of great advice on surviving (and enjoying) your twinfants!

    I will also tell you that something - I don't know what - happened at that 8 week mark that made everything seem better. The kids fussed less, I felt more confident and we seemed to establish a routine of sorts! I hope that happens for you as well.

    Best of luck! Check out twinstuff - I know you'll love it!

    Suzi
    suzi.forst@gmail.com

     
  • At 9:30 AM , Blogger Kerry Lynn said...

    I found the weights mean nothing. we had some preemie things that said up to 5 pounds and they were wearing them easily until they were 10 pounds! Just try things on them.

    YES it does get easier after 8 weeks. Or whenever they stop eating 8 times a day!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home