Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Questions/Statements Answered

Regarding getting a new car - we are going to, at some point, go and see if we can find a tandem stroller that will fit into the trunk of our car. If that doesn't work, I'm not sure what to do as it would be really nice to get one stroller to push them in at the same time and not two separate strollers. Right now, we have the Snap n Go one that the car seats can be fitted into which is convenient so you don't have to wake a sleeping baby to put them into another stroller. I really don't want to have to get a new car as I was looking forward to not having any car payments really soon, but if we do get a new car, we will trade in our current one and get the bigger car. We can't have two car payments right now! We'll see what happens. I'm not sure when we'll get up to BRU to test out the strollers.

As far as getting around with the twins - it's actually easier than I thought it would be to get them ready and into the car seats and out into the car, then later into the stroller. It's certainly nicer to have someone with me though. This reminds me. When we were at the mall on Wednesday, SO MANY people came by to talk to us about our twins. SO MANY. Of course, that's when I noticed more twins out and about. One lady came up to us who had 15 month old twin girls and told me that her age was more fun but more difficult. I suppose it is since they can each be going in two different directions.

And finally, about how I feel post partum wise. For the most part, I think I'm o.k., but I also have nervous breakdowns in which I feel like I can't handle this mom thing. I'm afraid of not being able to figure out what they want and being able to take care of both of them when they need some cuddle time at the same time. The other day when it was so hot, I was afraid that the heat would get to them and I'd feel so guilty though I made an effort to get them out of the heat by taking them to the mall for the day. I'll see how I am once I'm on my own this coming Monday.

I love these babies SO MUCH that I hope that I'm a good mother to them. The other night when we out to the movie, I kept thinking of them - Ella with her sad, confused look that just melts my heart and Ben with his mellow little look to his face. They are so incredibly cute! This morning, I was holding Ben and talking to him and told him what a cutie he was and he smiled at me. Now, some may say it's gas, but I'm going to choose to believe it was him smiling at me because he liked me talking to him.

Well, I think that was it, but I'm sure there is something I'm forgetting. Take care everyone!

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 6:36 PM , Blogger Caba said...

    I find that it is a learning experience every single day! I was the same way post pardum, mostly fine, but a lot of days of just tears out of being scared of being a good mom, and just being overwhelmed. My twins are 3 months now, so they are really starting to respond and recognize us, and the rewards of them giving something back is just unmeasurable.

    I have the snap and go also and love it, but it can be a little bumpy outside. We also have the graco duoglider, and really like it. Feel free to email if you have any other questions. Not that I'm that far ahead of you! haha

    Good luck!

     
  • At 2:50 AM , Blogger Heather said...

    I only had a singleton, but I remember the weepy crazy feelings I would get, especially the first time DH had to go away on a business trip. I remember calling him crying that I couldn't handle it.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home