Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 14, 2007

The Week in Review

It's been a busy week. I just don't have much time to blog these days...I wonder why? Since my husband is here and watching the babies, I thought I would take some time to blog and pay some bills (the latter part is just so much fun)!

Anyway, the week started out with us visiting my work. It was so nice to see everyone and everyone seemed super excited to see the babies. We walked around quite a bit as not everyone I wanted to see was all in the same building. It was a good day to visit as one of my coworkers is retiring and her last day was Wednesday so I got to see her before she left. Everyone told me how adorable the babies are and how good I looked - I'm close to my pre-pregnancy weight, but not quite. So close that my pregnancy stuff is way too huge and so far that my pre-pregnancy stuff still doesn't fit, so it's a bit of a challenge to find anything to wear. I've started to walk more and I hope that this coming week when I'm on my own that I'll be getting out to walk around the neighborhood and/or Greenlake to help shed some more pounds!

The next day we didn't do too much - we just hung out at home with my babies who I have now nicknamed Squeaky (Ella) and Mr. Grunt (Benjamin). It was a hot day and since I don't have air conditioning, it was a hot house but not nearly as bad as the next day. It got up to the upper 90s here in Seattle so that day, all of us spent some time in a nearby mall for the day - it was nice and cool, but I did miss the comforts of home. My niece, nephew and brother spent part of that time going to see Harry Potter while my mom and I wandered the mall with the babies - I ended up having to carry Ella for quite a while (I wished I had brought my sling to carry her in - I'll remember that for next time).

Thursday was the twins 1 month birthday - I can't believe they are already 1 month old!!

We went to go to Jon's work to visit on Thursday. They had a cake for us and gave us gifts (which reminds me, I need to write out some more thank you cards) - that was so incredibly nice of them!!! They took a cute picture of the 4 of us with my niece and nephew - hopefully, I'll get a copy soon to share. After visiting Jon's work, we went to spend some more time in another mall as it was getting hot again - though not nearly as bad as the day before. Then later that night, my mom and rest of family watched the two babies as Jon and I went on our first date in quite a while to go see Harry Potter. I liked it though it's been a while since I read the 5th book, so I only remembered a few things that they cut out or changed. I'm trying to re-read the 5th book now while pumping which reminds me - why didn't I think of reading the 5th and 6th books again while I was in the hospital - I had so much time to do so! What was I thinking?!?!

Friday was supposed to be Ben's circumcision date but they called and cancelled about an hour before I was set to leave to go pick up Jon. The date is now on Wednesday afternoon. I was hoping that I would have my mom here to watch Ella so I'd only have to take one baby with me, but it looks like I'll be taking both of them. So Friday, we just hung out and then later, a few of us went up to a nearby park and played on the playground and walked through the forest.

So that's been my week. This next week will be an interesting one as I'll be on my own. Wish me luck - I hope everything goes well!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home