Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 30, 2007

Looking Back

It is so interesting to go back and read posts from last year when we first found out we were pregnant. I wrote a post in which I was nervous about being pregnant with twins and the possibility of being on bedrest. Little did I know just how much bedrest I would have to do! Of course, had I known my future, I would do it all over again the same way - I'd just be a little more prepared though. :-D

And for news for what's going on now - Ella is such the princess! When she wants food - she wants it NOW and she doesn't want to have to work too hard for it (so no breastfeeding). When she gets a bottle, she drinks it so fast like if she doesn't drink it quickly, it won't be there and she'll starve. She doesn't like to sleep in the co-sleeper - she must be cuddled at all times - that seems to be the only way to get her to sleep for 3 hours. I should have known that she was going to be like this - I felt like I was always telling her to calm down when the babies were put on the monitor in the hospital because her heartrate would go very fast for a while and she'd go off the monitor a lot (speaking of the hospital, I really need to send a thank you card and a picture to the hospital staff, especially the nurses, for putting up with me for so long, and one to my fertility clinic for making me a success story - I'd love to go visit the nurses who took care of me while I was in the hospital - maybe I could when my mom is here - I'm also thinking of going to visit my work and Jon's work next week to show off my cuties).

Anyway, back to the news for what's going on now - as for Ben - he is such the mellow baby still. Sure, he gets fussy but nothing like Ella. He has no problem sleeping in the co-sleeper. He likes to be cuddled, but he doesn't need it all the time. I wonder if he's going to change after his circumcision - which is now scheduled for next Friday (yep, Friday the 13th).

The babies are 3 weeks old today! I can't believe it's been 3 weeks already. It seems just like yesterday, I was sitting all bored in the hospital waiting for something to happen! And yet, it seems like an eternity since I first went into the hospital back on May 9.

BTW, I thankfully had Jon's mom here to help today and yesterday, so I haven't been by myself for longer than 4 hours yet. My first day by myself will probably be 07/16. My mom is on her way here tomorrow along with my niece, nephew and other brother. Not sure where everyone is going to fit in my house, but we made it work last time they were here.

Anyway, hope everyone has a safe and fun 4th of July. I'm not sure what we're doing. We might just stay at home and bbq and watch the fireworks on tv.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • At 7:41 AM , Blogger Alli and Frankie said...

    Oh my gosh - 3 weeks? How is that possible?

    Loved your description of the babies. What is it like to go out and about with them? Is it hard getting them in and out of the car, stroller, etc.? I forget how it is with one let alone two.

     
  • At 2:33 PM , Blogger Nickie said...

    Isn't it crazy how quickly they start to show their personalities? After mine and Alli's get here, we need to try to get all the babies together - should be fun!!

     
  • At 12:57 PM , Blogger KeDaCoMo said...

    I know Ella is a little princess. Seems like everytime I call you, she is always the one that is fussing. She has to have you all to herself.

    How are my two rugrats doing for you? Hope they are not causing too much of a ruckis!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home