Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Just a Few Random Things...

I just wanted to write a few random things I've been thinking about today so far...

1 - The ride into work today. Not fun. I rode in the vanpool today, and, of course, the talk turned to vanpool girl's pregnancy and where she would have the baby. I had my iPod turned on, but I still hear it. It's like the try to talk as loud as they can. All I have to say is that I hope I get pregnant soon so I don't go deaf from having my iPod that loud.

2 - Today is Resolve's advocacy day. I can't wait to hear how it all went!

3 - I really appreciate the support that I get from all of you here in blogland and from my support group. I just don't know what I would do without all of you. I just don't feel like I'm getting the support I need from my friends. I don't know if they just don't know what to say and just don't want to say the wrong thing (which I can't blame them for feeling that way because we all know people can say some rather offensive or ignorant things) or they just don't want to hear about my infertility anymore. I think it's the latter because they used to say something. Perhaps, they think I whine too much or perhaps they ignore me, as someone said on one blog, because I've become a burden on them. However, it would be nice if they acknowledged it - especially when I say I'm upset (like yesterday). I don't know. It's just the way I feel right now. I guess I just wish, for once, someone I know outside blogland would ask how I'm doing with everything.


4 - And now for something not related to infertility - my current pet peeve - people who can't seem to use their signals. Am I supposed to read their minds on what they want to do?

5 Comments:

  • At 6:19 PM , Blogger Ladybug Ann said...

    I like to say that some people spent all their money on the car that they didn't buy turn signals. Thank you for thanking us, blogland is a community, we all try to help each other.

     
  • At 1:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    It would be nice if your friends were able to be more supportive. I really think it comes more from not knowing what to say than anything else. I hope today has been a better day than yesterday.

     
  • At 5:32 PM , Blogger Coloratura said...

    I think people who have not been through this just simple cannot relate... I relate to the other infertiles much differently at each phase... from my first IUI, to my first IVF to now, after my first 'real' pregnancy loss. It's tough.

    Thank goodness you have found yourself a support circle, because we do indeed need it and our issues are special ones.

    Thanks for coming by the other day... I haven't read where you are in your pursuit of babydom, but if you're planning to cycle soon, I wish you the best of luck.

     
  • At 5:32 PM , Blogger Coloratura said...

    I think people who have not been through this just simple cannot relate... I relate to the other infertiles much differently at each phase... from my first IUI, to my first IVF to now, after my first 'real' pregnancy loss. It's tough.

    Thank goodness you have found yourself a support circle, because we do indeed need it and our issues are special ones.

    Thanks for coming by the other day... I haven't read where you are in your pursuit of babydom, but if you're planning to cycle soon, I wish you the best of luck.

     
  • At 7:25 PM , Blogger Liz said...

    I can relate to lack of support from friends. I know it's hard for them to understand but sometimes I wish they would just make an effort. Blogland is a wonderful support system. Wishing you well.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home