Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, November 21, 2005

Are You Serious?

This weekend, I went to go see Harry Potter with a friend and a couple others. One of the women there doesn't know the first thing about fertility. First, she was snobbish about me avoiding certain foods because I'm trying to get pregnant. She said something like, "avoiding such and such is supposed to help you get pregnant?" Apparently, she has strong reservations about acupuncture, herbal medicine and diet in helping with fertility. After all, she got pregnant with no problem. Then she said something like "I thought it was a male issue when a woman can't get pregnant like he spends too much time in the hot tub or he wears too tight of underwear or whatever." Are you serious? You really think that could be the only issue that could be affecting whether or not a woman gets pregnant? UGH!

Then yesterday, I went to an early Thanksgiving dinner with one of the women I went to the movie with on Friday night. She is about 6 or 7 months pregnant. Then another couple shows up - a coworker of one of my friends and her partner. Yep, her partner is 4 months pregnant. Are you kidding me? Is everyone pregnant but me?

When I went to Target Saturday afternoon after my acupuncture appointment, it seemed EVERYONE there was holding an infant. Everywhere I turned, babies. And not one of them was mine.

It was somewhat of a frustrating weekend. And I am soooo exhausted today that I can barely keep my eyes open.

I just can't believe the weekend I had. Babies everywhere and pregnancies everywhere, and I didnt' get to join in on the excitement. :-(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home