Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, May 09, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

Well, this Mother's Day seemed rather hectic and a little laid back at the same time.

I woke up that morning, got the kids ready for church and myself. We went to church, then out to lunch. After lunch, Jon took the kids to the park then came home shortly thereafter so he could go into work. When he came back, I was in the process of finally converting the crib into a toddler bed for Nicholas. Ben & Ella were excited by this and eventually, so was Nicholas. After that was done, Jon took the kids shopping and brought me some chocolates - which they wanted to open right away. By this time, it was 9 p.m. and they had just had some ice cream at McDonald's (it looked like) so they didn't need it. They were not thrilled. Bedtime felt extremely rushed. Ella fell asleep right away since she didn't have a nap that day. The boys took a little more coaxing. You would think Nicholas would fall asleep right away since he didn't take a nap but he didn't. Benjamin had a nap but was only upset that we didn't keep the nightlight on so he could read his book. I want to encourage book reading, but they really needed to go to bed by this point.

So that was my day this year.

In other topics - Nicholas got up at 5 a.m. this morning and went out to the livingroom (he can open his bedroom door now) and said "where's papa? I do not know." You'll have to imagine the cuteness as he said this. He came into our room and I lifted him to our bed. He quickly fell back asleep.

The other day at the park, the twins were swinging (Nicholas hates the swing for some reason - did I put him in the swing too much as a baby?). A woman asked "what are your names? Ella yells out "I'm Ella!" Benjamin yells out "I'm Benjamin!...We're 3!!!.... and we're TWINS!!!" It was quite funny.

The favorite phrase for Nicholas to say these days is to announce "that's my mom!" So cute! And he comes running to me every time he sees me after I've been gone - even if I've only been gone for a couple minutes. So sweet!

Have I mentioned that I seemed to have had an ulcer? It seems to have mended itself a bit though I sometimes feel it every so often. I don't like those.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 2:53 AM , Blogger Heather said...

    Happy Belated Mother's Day!!!! Sounds like fun but tiring. Ours was too!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home