Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 29, 2005

still nothing

I found out today what I had already thought - my 2nd boss is 6 months pregnant (she's tiny so it was kinda hard to tell until just recently). I just went to talk to her (I found out from others she's pregnant), and she's having difficulties with this pregnancy. I am very sorry that she has to go through the uncertainty of not knowing if her baby is going to be o.k. I'm not sure what would be more difficult to go through - infertility or the possibility your baby may not be o.k.

As for me, it is CD6. As you can probably tell, I am not pregnant. It has been officially 4 years since we started trying. All I want to do right now after my stressful day at work (and another one coming tomorrow) and the thought of never being pregnant is to go home and have one big cry - or maybe several. I am too tired with all of this. I can't take it anymore. I don't want to cry anymore. I don't want to do anything anymore.

WHY WON'T GOD LET ME BE PREGNANT AND HAVE A BABY? What did I do to deserve this pain? WHAT? I can't take this anymore. I really can't. I wish that I had a lot of money so I could try IVF or better yet, I just wish I could be a normal woman and get pregnant without any outside help!!! WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? Why? I just want to know why...and what? What I did that was so bad that I should not have a child? What did my husband do? Are we really that bad of people that we can't have a child but an abuser can?

It's too bad that my support group doesn't meet tonight because I could really use them right now.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:40 AM , Blogger DinosaurD said...

    I don't know much but I do know that infertility is not a judgement on anyone's fitness for parenthood (I have met way too many people that would be fantastic parents but haven't yet been able to procreate and I have met way too many people that have children who are ignored and unhappy).

    Please, please, please do not think you deserve to be where you are (you don't)

    Please read all the way through the following before yelling at me: I have no idea whether you would ever consider being an egg donor (or whether you would be considered a good candidate)but I do know that some fertility clinics offer "egg sharing" IVF cycles where an ovum recepient pays all or some of your IVF costs but then "shares" your eggs. I think that Virginia Mason in Seattle does have such a plan (I stand to be corrected).

    I apologize profusely if the proceeding comment was way too personal or offensive (I know a lot of women would never consider sharing ovum).

    D

     
  • At 11:04 AM , Blogger seattlegal said...

    dinosaurd - Thank you for your comments. There is no need to apologize. I haven't considered egg donor or egg sharing yet - I'm waiting to see what my RE says to me when I go back to her on the 19th. Thank you again for your comments.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home