Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Updates

Yesterday, I went to a CLE and it was so incredibly boring. I wanted to fall asleep so badly. I thought of my babies the whole time - that and sleep. I wonder how I'm going to be when I go back to work in a few short days. Not looking forward to it though I'm ready in a lot of ways to go back. The CLE was at the Seattle Center and it's weird to walk through the Center when it's so empty - I think I've only been there when there is some sort of festival going on.

After the CLE, Jon and I went to go visit the day care where our babies will go starting November 1. I so wish I could pay someone I know to watch the babies rather than a stranger but I suppose we'll get to know this person better. She said that she had tried calling us but our number was disconnected...oops - I forgot that she didn't have our cell phone #s but only our home number which we don't have anymore.

Then last night came the night where Benjamin just fussed pretty much the entire night and we have no idea why. We changed him, fed him, clothed him appropriately, but he still fussed. He refused to sleep. He didn't get much sleep last night and neither did we. And last night was our first night of putting the babies into the cribs - Benjamin never made it to the crib. Ella slept in there 'til 1:30 - not very long for her sleeping at night but pretty long for her to sleep in the crib!
Hopefully, tonight will go a little (or a lot) better.

Today, my mother-in-law and sister-in-law came to watch the babies for me for 6 hours. I went and got some more A*vent bottles as we're going to switch the babies over to those bottles exclusively. I was using the Med*ela ones for feeding breast milk, but Benjamin doesn't seem to want to eat from those so we're going to use the A*vent ones. More bottles to clean, but oh well. I also got to have lunch with my husband and go to a 90 minute massage - they are never long enough! It was so nice of them to do this. I did think of my babies often though! After the massage, I picked up some pictures I ordered of the babies to put into their baby books. I still have some to order but since Benjamin was so fussy last night, I didn't get to order all that I wanted to and I messed up on the order and ordered the wrong picture of the four of us to send out in my thank you cards to the hospital nurses and the fertility clinic. Oh well - it's a picture of the four of us, so it will do.

Well, I think I just heard Ella, so I should go check on her. I think she napped a total of 20 minutes that time. Yesterday, she did nap for 2 hours in her crib - that's the kind of nap I wish she would take every day! O.K. off to check on babies!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 3:53 PM , Blogger Kirsten said...

    Hi there!
    I just found your blog again after I had lost it from my old computer...so glad to see things are going well! We just put our twin girls in their crib (they are sharing one for now) for the first time last night. They slept from midnight to 4:45 which was the best yet. I tried to get them to nap in their crib today but it just didn't happen. They cried the whole time so I took them out. I am now thinking I might just let them nap wherever during the day and then, after their evening feed, put them in the crib so they know it's night. We'll see.
    I also will be going by our daycare next week to check on things. I HATE to do it, too, but just can't afford a nanny and wouldn't want anyone in my home that much that I didn't really know. So, daycare it is. Unfortunately, I have to go back to work on 10/15. Only a few more weeks :(
    I'm glad to find you again; we can trade advice on raising our twins!
    Speaking of that...what do you do when yours wake in the middle of the night? One of mine, Chayse, likes to get up around 4-5 but feeding is not until 6 so I usually just hold her until then. When they both happen to wake up that early...VERY hard. Just wondered what your strategy is.
    Take care!

     
  • At 9:26 AM , Blogger Alli and Frankie said...

    I am always inspired by your blog to try and get Rose on a better schedule. You rock!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home