Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

First Post

Welcome to my blog! It's my first post, so I'll start with introducing myself. I live in Seattle, WA, and I've been trying to get pregnant for past three years. I'm 31, and I've been married to my husband for 6 1/2 years now. I've had an HSG done, a laparoscopy done and one IUI. The IUI was done back in November, and it obviously failed. I haven't been able to bring myself back to the doctor's office for another IUI. Part of me is just scared to be disappointed again after spending all that money. Part of me is just hoping, as always, that I'll get pregnant on my own.

The laparoscopy showed that my right tube is blocked, so I'm basically just working with one fallopian tube. Other than that, everything looked great, so the doctor said.

Lately, things have been really tough for me emotionally. A friend of mine and his wife just welcomed their first child into the world. The day before that, my sister-in-law told me that she's pregnant with their 2nd child. And I have coworker that's very close to her due date. I just don't know how much more of this I can take. I even had a coworker's psychic friend say that she doesn't see a baby in the near future, but keep trying! I'm out to prove her wrong.

I'm tired of everyone telling me to relax or that I'm still young, so it will happen. I'm wondering how I got such a screwed up body when my sister has gotten pregnant just by thinking about it - and now she has 4 kids - and she's younger than me. I'm starting to wonder if my teenage brothers will have kids before I do. My mom said to me once that maybe I waited too long to have kids - is that really something that I need to hear?

I have friends who try to understand, but none of them seem to want children of their own or they already do have children of their own, so how can they really understand what I'm going through?

Anyway, that's all for now....

1 Comments:

  • At 9:53 AM , Blogger Renee Cabatic said...

    Congratulations on your gorgeous babies!
    I am reading the early posts of blogs from other folks who are/were trying to make a baby. My Sister and I are just starting out on this crazy adventure and it helps to read these stories --thanks for your blog and your story.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home